Tuesday, 03 May, 2016
As promised, here are my slides from Percona Live Conference in US, Apr.2016 :
Feel free to ask any questions or details you're needing, etc..
Also, not really related to MySQL, but as I was asked so many times about "how did you manage to project your slides from Mac, but drive it an annotate via iPad?" - here is a short HOWTO:
- you need to have Keynote app installed on both your Mac and iPad
- you create your own WiFi Network on your Mac (MenuBar->WiFi->Create Network...)
- once done, connect to this WiFi Network your iPad
- (having your own network is getting a rid of any potential sync issues, removing any dependency on wifi availability in a room, as well allowing you to walk way far from your Mac and still keep a control on your slides ;-))
- then you're starting your Keynote presentation projection on your Mac
after what opening Keynote app on your iPad
- "clicking" on Keynote Remote
- selecting your Mac from the list of available devices
- and you're getting hands on your currently projected slides ;-))
- you can select then a preferred layout: current slide, current + next, current + notes, etc.
- AND on any slide you can involve an annotation and draw over the slide with pencils of different color to point on one or another part of your slides
- (of course, the drawing you're doing remains only during annotation and not destroying your slides ;-))
- have fun! ;-))
What else to say? The conference was really great and I may only admit that Percona is doing it better and better from year to year.. Huge amount of very interesting talks, great technical content mostly everywhere, a lot of innovation, new ideas, deep discussions, etc. etc.. -- you don't know what you're missing if you were not there ;-))
Well, time for the rest now, and as a final point - a "Bloody Cheesecake" on my departure from SFO Airport
(for those who understand ;-))
blog comments powered by DisqusNote: if you don't see any "comment" dialog above, try to access this page with another web browser, or google for known issues on your browser and DISQUS..